Support networks and facilities for innovation and R&D
Business innovation centres
Business innovation centres (BICs) give support to innovative businesses and entrepreneurs. They aim to help young companies survive and grow during the start-up period when they are most vulnerable. This is known as incubation.
- information about sharing premises with similar companies, such as in a science park - for more information see the page in this guide on science parks
- advice about management, strategy and planning
- technological help
- help with finding manufacturers and markets for innovative products and services
- expert partnership and mentoring
- access to training
- access to other sources of help
The European Community runs a scheme to certify BICs, of which more than 150 are gathered under the umbrella of the European Business Network (EBN).
Search a list of EBN members on the EBN website.
You can also keep up to date with all the latest news about incubators on the UK Business Incubation (UKBI) website.
Editor: or try Nesta
Subjects covered in this guide
Also on this site
Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy